Wednesday, June 09, 2010

 
Work, Surgery and Maddison's 18th.

I have been busy writing reports whilst its been non stop raining in Sydney for the last 3 weeks - everyone is complaining but this is almost normal conditions we just have been in drought for years. I am slowly catching up to where I am supposed to be, there was a mitigating factor why all the admin work is getting done. I have had trouble with ankles for last few years and had surgery in my left ankle 2 years ago in Canberra and all of a sudden started having issues with my right and surprise surprise needed another surgery, so in for an arthrotomy and bone removal, so off my feet for a few days. This is resultant from years of sport and not resting when roll ankles, in laymens terms is removal of excess bone that has calcified on joint. So no hockey for the rest of the year or running so have to look at some other exercise regimes such as swimming or cycling, though I am allowed to ski still which is good cause I have booked a 2 week trip to NZ in August - Queenstown and Meth'ven.
As I am allowed to ski I am looking again at new skis to have a play with looking currently at the Fischer Watea 94, though havent skied these have read alot about and number of rave reviews so now to find if can buy in Aus or import.Maddison turned 18, apart from making me feel old the family all met up in Bathurst for dinner and lunch, it was good fun and a good time albeit weird having all the family out at the pub together. Travis is also back in the country so all together for the first time in a couple of years.


Comments:
It sucks you're having ankle problems again - when is/was the surgery?
 
Thanks for coming was awesome to have everyone there :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?