Monday, December 07, 2009

 
Macro Pics

I have been having a play with my camera, with the current lenses, would love to get my hands on a macro lens maybe once get the hang of the camera. Has got me chasing insects again so probably will be more pics like this in the future, also trying to identify as I go along



Common Brown Butterfly (Heteronympha merope) Nymphalidae; Lepidoptera this was taken at Lake Lyall, Lithgow, NSW

Plague Soldier beetle (Chauliognathus Lugubris)
Family Cantharidae
Order Coleoptera, This was taken at Canoelands, NSW


Formicidae family - this was taken at Canoelands, NSW

Comments:
The ants on your picture are from the genus Rhytidoponera.
 
I especially like the third photo, Mixy! -Jo Apthorpe
 
Cool photos Mix! No bugs from Orange?? :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?