Tuesday, September 25, 2007

 
A Hockey Premiership

On Saturday I prepared for another hockey final, I have been in hockey finals for the last 6 years, getting knocked out during the preliminary finals, last year making it to the grand final and just losing, so this tradition had to be broken! After moving to Canberra I have been playing for ANU 6th grade, I had thought that because I came so late through the season that I would just be training, but they needed players. In the final round I strained my hammy thinking the season was over, Atlas physio did some great work and I made it back in time for the Grand Final.

The game as alot of finals are was quite scrappy and both teams could not dominate the other, both teams had there chances but couldn't convert, I think there was 3 decent chances I missed, one hit the keeper, one mishit and then I just forgot to trap the ball as was already thinking of the post goal celebration! So as the clock wound down and extra time looked imminent after ANU stopping a Tuggeranong short corner 2 minutes from time we moved it to there end and got into the circle, Short corner with 5 seconds to go! So with the pressure mounting I was watching from the bench so that the guys who had played all season could finish the game, the final whistle sounded as we set up for the short, Push to our hitter, trap lay off to our captain who strolled in a flicked it from the spot for a goal!!! Minor and Major premiers!

Thanks to Phil, Ash, Elene and Trace who came out and cheered, it was a great day and I hope you enjoyed it.

The following day to recover it was another round of golf with Rimsy, Andrew and Tom out at Gunghalin Lakes golf course, not bad course alot of walking, water which we all found at some point, then to the clubhouse to watch the Eels play the Storm, the Eels lost but since I had won my premiership it wasn't to much of a downer. So now to the summer, ankle surgery which after putting off for a few years will now have to happen and what ever else happens



ANU 6th Grade 2007 Minor and Major Premiers

Three of my personal cheer squad who were enjoing the day out recovering from the previous couple of evenings.

I never thought I'd be in ANU colours, but they are a good club and well now I have a premiership and I'm not letting go of the medal, so now all I have to do is get one with SUHC, if I ever move back to Sydney.

Comments:
Onya Mix, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Any sports planned for the summer? With that ankle surgery we might have to make it snooker!
 
Definately some more golf, hopefully teh ankle will only mean a couple of weeks of rest, Ben was thinking of a Oztag team but havent really heard anything new on that front so maybe some spear fishing and coastal activities
 
An Oztag team would be fun. Just need to get this bloody kidney stone outta me and I'll be right as rain. But who knows when that's going to be? Private health cover here I come!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?