Wednesday, August 22, 2007

 
Ians entering product testing

After some experiences with new toys and the weekend approaching to test drive some cars (any suggestions?), thought would add in my 2c on the products I've used

K2 Silencer - Tested at Thredbo



I ventured upto the ski slopes on the weekend with some mates from Whistler and remininsce, coming back to work was quite difficult. On this weekend as my skis are still in Canada, I decided to demo a pair of twin tip skis I was thinking about purchasing. I hired out some K2 silencers (169cm, standard mount). These skis worked a treat were quite responsive and got great flex which was handy through the park and just generally free skiing in Aussie conditions which was hard in the early morning and slush from around 11. I don't think these would handle powder conditions of bigger mountains brilliantly but on piste and park these are great, some definate more testing required. The best thing about the skis is they are value and held up well to some harder treatment especially when doing park often resulting in damaged side rails and bases. The only issue that I had with the skis is how easily the top deacal chipped/peeled, my style doesn't help this but seems to be a common thing in K2 skis. If your learning to ski I don't reccomend these skis but if your planning on visiting the snow a bit and dont won't to blow the budget cos the mountains in Aus pretty much do that for you (really $100 day lift ticket does hurt the pocket) try out the Silencers.

Smith versus Spy
With my trip to the snow after getting the shits with my Spy Blizzard goggles, 3 lenses all crap decided to fork out a little extra cash and buy some Smith Prodigy goggles. I must say here and now if going to fork out money for goggles do it properly and you'll notice the difference from comfort, visibility and fog wise! After perservering a whole season in Whistler with the Spys which would readily fog up and then the issues with water between the lenses which pretty much means they are screwed and time to by another lens, the Smiths were unbelieveable, they didn't fog, were comfortable and the strap system is much better especially when wanting to ski with and without a helmet. Though the Smiths havent been through a whole season I definately think next time around ignore the fashion styled goggles and go with the goggles with good reputation in lens and anti-fog. Also don't trust the hype Spy Blizzards were the top snowboarding goggles last season

Anyway enough procrastination in the office from me off to do some work and think about what cars Pinko and I should test drive on the weekend.




Comments:
Nice reviews Mix. Look forward to reading more in the future
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?