Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 


Bout time for an update cos people are starting to ask questions
Well its around that time again and thought would let you all know whats going on. At the moment been flat out with work still playing with compost but am only staying around until September then I am taking off to Canada to meet up with my little bro who is leaving for the States to do Summer camp stuff in 2 weeks. Once over there will be being a ski bum then going to europe and hopefully will still be there for the Rugby world Cup.
Anyways thats months away so at the moment pretending I can play hockey and working on the Social commitee so if anyones in Sydney on the friday of the long weekend (9th June) you should all come and chime in for the Annual SUHC Pub Crawl.
I have just started another homebrew nothing as flash as Pinkos, its just a Tooheys lager so will see how that goes, though the cooler weather is being a pain and the heater is getting used.
Thought I'd chuck in some photos cos I said I would
The first shows a hockey match I was watching the other week (not my team or the team I coach cos I never remeber to take photos of those) well in the background is a cyclone that is going to hit us maybe its only a willy-willy but it looked cool.
The second is what I am doing at work, cos it wont rain I have to do rainfall simulations on my experimental plots which involves putting water on watching the thing go for an hour than writing how much water runs off, plenty of siestas are had whilst waiting for the simulation to finish.

Comments:
G'day Mixmaster!

It sure is great to see that you have blogged.

You're heading overseas in September? Are you just holidaying while you are away, or are you working like your bro'? Are you planning to meet up with Stuey while you are in Europe?

I didn't catch Stuey before he headed off last week. Is he just holidaying - or migrating? What's the deal?

How's your hockey team going, Mix'? Are you winning games? Have you hooked up with any of the girls in your team - or are you still in cootee-town?

A trip to Sydney on the long weekend sounds like a real go-er. I would like to hear expressions of interest from Canberra mates regarding the formation of a expeditionary party.

I actually brewed a Tooheys Lager a couple of months ago, Mix'. It's not really my typical fare, though it was kindly presented to me by my housemate, Ruth. The yeast was no good - I had to use a replacement there - but the whole thing went off without a hitch. There's kind of a smokey flavour to that beer and it was rather a bit darker than a typical lager too. It was popular though, as I have only one bottle of it in the cupboard now. My honey-wheat beer is ready to bottle. I will post again soon on my blog with the details of my up-coming ginger-malt beer.

Great to hear from you btw, Mix'. I'll be looking in for another blog entry from you soon...?

PINKO
 
Hey Pinko
Well to answer all your questions am going to work whilst in Canada hopefully right up till Christmas, then going to UK & Europe with bro to travel for a month or so then he's coming home and I am going to move in hopefully with some mates in London and work for 6 to 18 months or whatever happens. Plan to catch up with Stu whilst there he is working in the UK but holidaying at the moment.
Hockeys going alright where plugging along, Won 3, drew 1 lost 2. No girls in my team because its mens but plenty in the club but i'm still in cootee-town.
Would be great to catch up. Anyway will let you know how the brew goes.
Cheers
 
What about the rest of the weekend? (I have football here on the Saturday morning). Would you be receptive to catching up over the long weekend?

Cheers,

PINKO
 
Hey Pinko,

I'd be up for a trip to Syd over the long weekend! A group of us were organising a wine tour to Southern NSW/Vic but it seems that isnt going to go ahead so I'm keen to escape Canberra for the extra day off!

Let me know your plans and we'll def have to catch up soon seeing as we live in the same place and all!

fin
 
Hiya Fin',

Sure thing - let's see about heading up to Sydney next weekend. McMaster, how does that sound?

PINKO
 
I think that sounds great guys! Come to Sydney!! Mel is organising a bbq on the Saturday at her place too so we're all going! don't really have much planned so would be cool to hang out!
 
Sounds Good I will be fairly flat out as per usual but will definately make time to catch up with you guys (Friday pub crawl, sat evening Toga party @ Mosman, you guys are all welcome)
 
Hiya Mix',

I was thinking that I might head up to Sydney this weekend, but I will have to miss your pub crawl either way because of rugby on Saturday. Perhaps we should catch up another weekend soon instead. I know that a lot of people are studying for exams at the mo'. I hear Roberts is heading to the 'Gong on Saturday too. Oh well, I will keep building the homebrew collection in the meantime... Have fun, Ange, at Mel's bbq on Saturday evening - hopefully I will see you all soon!

Cheers,

PINKO
 
hey mix

go to my blog and find out abot the races.

pia
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?